The Simpsons: Tapped Out is a free to play city builder mobile game for iOS and Android, based on the popular The Simpsons TV series. Help Homer Simpson and his friends in rebuilding Springfield over time!
- A bonus of 10 donuts can be earned once when you begin the game; just tap on Homer 10 times to unlock his Super-Secret Bonus! This unlocks a Jebadiah statue and gives you 10 donuts.
- Choose your tasks carefully and accordingly to your game plans. If you plan on playing the game multiple times a day, give your Simpsons shorter ones, such as the 2-4 hour long tasks, depending on your planned play schedule. You should put them to longer tasks when you won’t play for a while, i.e. in the evening before you go to sleep. Longer tasks will give you better rewards in regards to time spent, but the time that the characters will spend idle may be longer, depending on your play schedule.
- To collect money and XP in 3-4 taps, press and hold one of the money/XP stacks, then open or close the task book (which is in the lower left corner). This will automatically collect the entire town’s earned XP and money.
- Be sure to balance out your buildings in terms of cost/reward. Residential houses earn more passive tax income, and their tasks are longer, but earn you more money. Commercial ones, such as the Kwik-E-Mart have even longer tasks, but with much higher income. It is recommended to use these if you’re going to be away from the game for a few days.
- Level up faster by placing decorative elements, such as trees, which will passively grant you bonus XP.
- Check the Conform-O-Meter by tapping on the star icon. Each task is assigned to one of these categories, and the higher they are, the more bonus money and XP you’ll get from them.
- If you want to use real cash to progress faster, then consider buying donuts and investing those into buildings, which will help you rake in more serious money. Don’t buy straight money with real cash, as you still won’t be able to use them on special buildings; donuts can be used to buy better, special ones with higher payouts.
- You can use the old trick of setting your device’s time and date forward to make upgrades finish much faster.