The creative geniuses behind Words With Friends are pleased to bring you your next word game addiction: Hanging With Friends!
Hanging With Friends brings a brand new twist to the classic game of hangman that adds creativity, strategy and fun for all ages. Build mystery words to stump, amuse or impress your friends, but be prepared to flex those brain muscles as you decipher the words they send back to you.
• Cute characters in perilous situations
• Instant replay lets you see your opponent’s guesses
• Use strategic lifelines for hints
Built on the Games With Friends platform:
• Turn based design lets you play up to 20 games simultaneously
• Play with friends or find a match with a random opponent
• Stay in touch with friends and family with in-game chat messaging
• Push notifications tell you when it’s your turn
• Find friends to play with easily using Facebook Connect
*At this time Hanging With Friends requires iOS4+. If you are still running an old version of iOS on your device, please sync with iTunes and get the latest device update.
How to create a game
Hanging With Friends combines the traditional hangman game and adds elements of their other popular game “Words with Friends”
Create a game – The first thing you will need to do is create a game. Tap on “Create a game” which can be found at the very bottom of the game screen. This screen will show you all the options you have to connect with other players.
Hanging With Friends Tips
- Facebook and Twitter – After you log into your Facebook and/or Twitter account you will be shown a list of all your friends who have also signed in from the game and you can invite them to play a game with you.
- Contact List and Search by User name – Invite friends from your contact list, or ask the game to connect you with another player using their user name. You can find out user names of other players by finding forums and other sites that discuss the game.
- Random opponent – This option is available for anyone that does not have others playing on their Facebook, Twitter, or Contact list. You will be matched up with another real person playing the game that has also chosen this option. You will have to wait on this person to take their turn just like anyone else. You can create several games this way.
- Pass and Play – This feature allows you to play with a person that is physically in the room with you. Your user name will show and your opponent will be known as “Player 2”
- In addition to building words for your opponent to guess you will also have to figure out which word they have chosen for you.
- Keep the following in mind…
- You will be shown how many letters are in the word based on how many yellow tiles are shown and you will be given the last vowel in the word. If it appears more than once it will appear in every area it should be in. For Example – The word “BERRIES” would show both “E’s” since “E” is the last vowel in the word and you would see this “_E_ _ _E_”
- Good letters to start out with would be “S” (As many words will be plural)
- Common word enders such as “N, L, R, T, can be good strategies.
- Vowels are a good way to guess words as every word has to have at least one vowel in it. The vowels are “A,E, I, O, U, and sometimes “Y”
- Watch for double letters such as “BB”, “LL” or “SS” as these can be recognized easier than words with different letters.
- Watch the number of strikes you have! – One turn you may have eight strikes and the next time you may have only four. Life lines are a good choice when you have only four strikes in a turn.
- The best choice for life lines would be “Extinguish” or “Revive” If you have a low number of strikes. You need to make these guesses count.
- With short words be on the lookout for the use of “X”, “Y” and “Z” as people tend to use these high value letters in short words whenever possible.
- If you have a long word or a word you’ve never heard of before try your best to eliminate all the letters you can using the extinguish life line and vowels.
- If you have any additional word guessing strategies please post them here in the tip section.
- Have fun!
Leave A Comment, If you have Tips or Cheats for Hanging With Friends!Google+